Main Course:

Welcome to my blog. This is just my little spot in CyberSpace to share who I am, what I like, what I don't like and all the crazy things that go on in my world. Feel free to visit anytime. My drive-in is open 24/7. xoxo

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Today's Special: What will you be watching?

I know...I know...I'm supposed to be telling you all about my new house. And that is a work in progress.  But one thing I really enjoy is hearing your opinions about various things.  So I thought maybe every once in awhile I'd write a blog with just that plan in mind.  So today I want to talk about...Fall TV.

It's true...I'm a TV watching cat.  There's nothing I enjoy more than snuggling on the couch with my peeps and watching some TV.  The remote control still baffles me slightly, but I try not to let that stop me.  I can easily change the channels. Often times right in the middle of whatever show peeps are watching! I've actually learned a few new words from peeps by doing that, but I can't repeat them here.

So I've compiled a list of the shows that we will definitely, might be and I wish we wouldn't be watching. How about you? What are your favorites this season?  What shows do you wish would simply disappear?

TWO PAWS UP 


We love this show!  There always seems to be just the right mix of teams we don't like and teams we do like. I rarely change the channel during this one. ;)



Another great show in our opinion. How many shows are there on TV where people are called donkeys and donuts?  Mind you, I think I'm a much better chef then that Gordon Ramsey, but I'm not one to brag...



Bazinga! One of the funniest shows on TV we think. That Sheldon just makes me giggle.





What can I say? To me, sheer comedy genius. Whether it's Angela & Dwight's creepy love affair or Michael...well...just being Michael, this show makes me laugh my paws off every week. The original British show, also called The Office, is well worth watching too.


 
It's a show about various serial killers rampaging around killing people in numerous horrific ways. There's no chance my extra fav peep, and me by default, won't be watching this one!



 PAWS FLAT OUT

One of my peeps is very excited about the new Hawaii Five-O. Apparently they remember the original from when they were a very small child. I'm not so sure about this one. "Book 'em Danno." What kind of name is Danno? One thing I will say is that the theme song is very catchy. Once it gets in my head, it's there for the day!

I'm not sure I really care about who will outwit, outplay and outlast this season, but we at least like to give this show a chance each time it comes on. Sometimes it turns out to be quite interesting. Other times...not so much.


PAWS TUCKED UNDER ME

Two words will sum up why this show always finds its way onto our TV. These words cause my peep to somehow always manage to be in front of the TV at just the right time.  The words are...Maksim Chmerkovskiy.


I know this show is very popular (and one peep watches for a reason even they can't explain), but I honestly can not watch without feeling a bizarre mixture of distaste, loathing and fascination at the absurdity of what I'm seeing. This season I'm staying away until it's over.

So there you have it. If you're looking for me this fall, I'll be on the soft blanket in the middle of the couch with the remote control securely within paw's reach!
xoxo

8 comments:

  1. All my faves.. I am sure we will have many discussions I am sure. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you happened on a subject I don't know much about. You see, D is the one with his feet propped up and watching TV by the hours, but it's always football, baseball, - yikes - he's even been know to watch wrestling, much to M's very dislike. Now M hides away in her office and helps me tweet much of the time. She is threatening to get a tv into her office area tho cuz she's missing out on some good shows. She's always like Dancing with the Starts. She loves the Office. Used to like Survivors when it first came out - den got to be same ole - same ole stuff! M used to love Hawaii 5-0 too, so would probably like to watch dat. Yup - you just convinced her to get another TV (we only have about 5 in the house now for 2 people and me). We surely need another TV.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like Mario, we only watch baseball and, when that season ends but not before, football. Pop doesn't watch tv. He's now watching all 50 seasons of Seinfeld on DVD. I'm sorry, they do watch one show: Bill Maher on HBO. Reasons why peeps won't be watching Dancing With the Stars? Two words: Bristol Palin. Surprised your peeps don't watch Curb Your Enthusiasm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow have not heard of a new Hawaii 5 O coming out. I don't know if to days world is ready for another one.
    My all time favorite on your list is Hells Kitchen. That chef has charisma like no other!
    Everyone here is tired of dancing with the stars, same ol same ol, just diff peeps. Someone gets eliminated, someone cries, someone goes home...bla bla bla. Then the winner gets a gawdy trophy. Phhhtt!
    To momma cat's dismay, daddy cat is a football junkie. She runs around saying she is a football widow. Did her football die?
    Great list, thanks for sharing Herbie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. boy, you really IS a tv-watchin kitteh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. so glad to have found your blog! I am your newest follower and am so pleased to meet you!
    I just read Cathy Keisha's comment on Twitter asking if you and I had met and that is how I found you! Hope you will follow me back as well at http://opcatchat.blogspot.com

    I happen to LOVE Hell's Kitchen, I try to catch "Survivor" when it isn't on opposite something else that I like. Ohhhh...did you watch Gordon Ramsay's "Master Chef?" Genius!!
    I used to be an avid "Office" watcher, not so much anymore...I also love Big Brother (I know you didn't put that on there but I love it)...and I watch DWTS....
    I am a HUGE TV watcher! Hence my "girlish" figure! lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too am a feline television junkie! I have to disagree about Hawaii Five-0. Two words: Grace Park. Purrrrrrrr.

    Cheers,
    Neyland D. Catt

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Herbie, We're now Following you so we can see (and pounce!) when you blog.

    We've not seen most of those shows. We're into Charlie Chan and SHerlock Holmes (Basil Rathbone) at the moment.
    Au's fave TV used to be anything with car chases and explosions. Now it's tennis.

    ReplyDelete