|Peeps are telling me how big the real Mickey Mouse is. Wow!|
So...as a house cat that gets left behind whenever peeps visit this "land of magic" (are you sensing the bitterness?), I felt the need to finally ask them just what it is that they like so much. Here's what they told me:
|Ice Cream Cone with ears!|
2. Laughter - Peeps love laughing and they do alot of it at Disney World. They feel very carefree there. Not a worry in the world. Whether it's relaxing by a pool or riding a favorite ride...there's always something fun to do. And none of it includes work!
3. Relaxation - Peeps find Disney World very relaxing...even though they swear they walk miles and miles every trip. Does this sound relaxing to you? I'm really wondering if my peeps are right in the head. But, variety is the spice of life so if peeps want to relax by walking until their legs fall off, I guess that's their choice. Personally, if I were in Disney World, I would be lounging in the sun when not chasing the big mouse, so we obviously have different priorities, but I try not to hold it against them.
4. Get To Be A Kid Again - In many ways, my peeps are like big kids anyway so it makes sense to me that they'd like a place that makes them feel even more silly and goofy. Get it? Goofy? Oh I am on a roll now!!
|Main Street at Disney World|
1. Two peeps and nine cats in a car for 15+ hours. Even if all of us were happy (not a chance), it would be a little taxing on peeps. Peeps wouldn't be able to stop and go to the bathroom because mark my word...someone (Bellatrix is my best guess) would try to fly out the door every time. They also wouldn't be able to go to a drive-thru for food. Have you ever tried to eat food in close quarters with nine cats??? So at best peeps would arrive very hungry with their legs permanently crossed. At worst, they would arrive very hungry with embarrassingly wet pants.
2. Two peeps and nine cats in a hotel room for a few days. Again...not exactly relaxing. With the 9 cat carriers, 3 HUGE litter boxes, 9 food/water dishes, the cans of food and the toys, there really wouldn't be any room to move around. I guarantee someone (Petunia) would claim the bathtub as their hiding spot so peeps wouldn't be able to shower. The rest of us would most likely claim the beds so...no sleep for peeps!
3. Two peeps trying to get nine cats into leashes on the morning of the "Bring Your Cats to Disney Day." Enough said.
4. And finally, two peeps and nine cats walking (I use this term loosely) down Main Street. What I envision is two peeps (covered in band aids) walking and nine cats getting belly burn as they're dragged along the asphalt. The happy, screaming children would be a big hit I'm sure. Considering Max hates any type of loud noise, I don't think he would survive this. His eyes would get so big they'd pop right out of his head!
So as you can see, peeps haven't thought this through. It would be a nightmare! Although we miss them when they go away, we love our pet sitter and we're happy in our house with all our smells.
|Riley is trilled with his present - can't you tell?|
When they get back, they always have lots of hugs and kisses for us and sometimes they even bring us presents. Most often it's some special Disney cat treats that we love, but one time they brought us special Mickey ears! Poor Riley...I mean lucky Riley...got to wear them first. ;)
|My Christmas Mickey t-shirt - Pfftt!|
Knowing peeps as I do, when they get back from their next trip, they'll start talking about that "Bring Your Cats To Disney Day" again. I know they mean well. It's just that they miss us and wish they could share all the things they enjoy with us. So...I'll just meow...fall over...and love them all the more.
Until next time...